1. Running the DEMO :
To try the sample project on Windows/OSX.
- Copy the ARSample (4.11, or 4.12, or 4.13) directory into your unreal project directory.
Make sure to not have any special character in your project path!
- Open the project from Epic Launcher using Unreal Engine, and click on the play button in the editor.
- Print the markers located in PDF directory
- There are 4 markers here: Kanji , Hiro, Sample 1, Sample 2. (Print at least Hiro, to get started!)
For NFT use pinball.jpg
Make sure to print them in their original size, and there should be a white border around the marker.
- Connect your webcam, and press the play button inside the editor!
- Video stream should appear, move the markers (Hiro / Pinball.jpg) in front of the camera
- Default Unreal 3D demo chairs should appear on the screen.
More info about marker tracking can be found on the following link:
There are two main blueprints in the example project:
- Default webcam init (640×480 default resolution)
- Initializes the video stream and creates a dynamic texture based on the baseFeed material
- Loading markers (Marker list can be edited in the Markers and MarkersNFT enumerations –
Content browser: Contents/ARToolkit/Blueprints/Markers , MarkersNFT
- Cleaning up at the end.
– Transformation of the “chairs” based on marker positions / rotations provided by GetMarker / GetMarkerNFT nodes
– Simple static mesh actors linked to markers – Feel free to change them!